The new gold standard for acne.
Do you or your teenager suffer from acne? We have something exciting to share with you! Eternal Dermatology +Aesthetics is proud to be one of the first dermatology practices in the U.S. to offer a new, innovative, and FDA-cleared treatment for acne and oily skin. With Sebacia, we have achieved dramatic results that can, literally, transform our patients’ lives.
Sebacia targets the glands that produce acne-causing oil. This treatment has been clinically proven to reduce acne and prevent future breakouts! We use gold micro-particles and a safe dermatology laser — so there’s no need to remember a medication schedule. In only three 30-45 minute sessions over a two week period, you can be on your way to clearer skin.
What Is Sebacia?
Sebacia is an FDA-approved, non-invasive procedure that treats mild to moderate acne from the inside out. Conventional acne therapies deal with bacteria found on the surface of the skin and clogged pores. Sebacia goes right to the root of the problem—the sebaceous glands that regulate oil production. We need the oil to lubricate our skin, but when the glands produce too much oil, acne results. By addressing the source of the acne, Sebacia reduces existing acne and prevents future break-outs for results that last up to two years or longer.
How Does Sebacia Work?
Sebacia uses gold micro-particles and a safe dermatology laser to target sebaceous glands deep in the pores, inhibiting oil production and reducing the number and size of acne lesions.
What Happens During the Sebacia Procedure?
- First we gently gentle cleanser your skin to remove oil, make-up and other possible irritants.
- Then the gold serum (containing the micro-particles) is massaged into the skin. The micro-particles are tiny gold coated beads, that travel into the pores to reach the oil deep glands deep.
- After this, a beam of laser light is glided over the skin. The gold attracts the laser energy so that it reaches the oil glands. The laser heats the glands, shrinking them and breaking down blemishes.
- The selective heating in Sebacia results in fewer acne lesions and an overall improvement in the quality and radiance of your skin.
How Long Does the Treatment Take?
The treatment can be considered a “lunch time procedure.” Each session takes less than 30 minutes. A complete treatment includes three visits one week apart.
What Is the Recovery Time?
None! You can get back to your everyday activities immediately after the treatment. Your skin may be a little red and that can last from a few hours to a couple days, but it is neither unsightly nor painful.
What Are the Expected Results?
Results vary among individuals, as with any treatment. Many people see a significant improvement in their skin within six weeks. Clinical studies have determined that, on average, there will be 65% improvement in 3 months, 74% in 6 months, and 85% in 12 months.
What Are the Benefits of Sebacia?
- Sebacia can eliminate the need for both topical and oral medications. Cream medications can cause dryness and irritation of the skin. On the other hand, some oral medications can have severe side effects, and may also lead to antibiotic resistance.
- When compared to other light-based acne treatments, Sebacia, by localizing the heating effect, reduces the possibility of thermal damage to surrounding tissues.
- The Sebacia acne is done completely, and comfortably, within our office. You do not have to “finish up” at home with an additional regimen for the treatment to be effective.
Eternal Dermatology is conveniently located in Fulton and serve Columbia MD, Clarksville, Ellicott City, Laurel, Bowie, Silver Spring and surrounding areas in PG and Howard County, Maryland.
Cosmetic Dermatology Specialist Columbia MD