Laser / IPL Aftercare Instructions
2. Avoid the use of alpha or beta hydroxy products, retinols, or Retin-A products for 24 hrs after your treatment as they could create additional irritation. After 24 hrs you may resume your prescribed skin care regimen.
3. Flaking and crusting may occur. Do not attempt to exfoliate or remove any crusting. Areas with heavy sun damage and brown spots will darken over the first 24 hrs after treatment. Some of the red areas may intensify as well. Do not pick or abrade the area. This is part of the normal response to treatment and will clear on its own in 3-7 days. If you experience any open wounds contact our office immediately.
4. Maintain hydration. Drink plenty of non-alcoholic, caffeine-free and sodium-free beverages and keep skin well hydrated.
5. Do not expose your skin to direct sunlight for a minimum of 3 days. Good sun protection is essential following treatment, and as part of your normal routine. If you are outdoors, apply a minimum SPF 40 and wear sun protective clothing and headwear. Following Laser therapy your skin is highly susceptible to sunburn or the formation of irregular, darkened pigmentation. Therefore, sun protection is required for life to maintain the results you have achieved.
6. Your treatment may require several treatments to achieve optimal results. Results may not be visible after each treatment but may develop gradually in the weeks that follow. It is essential that your progress is monitored throughout your treatment cycle. Keep your appointments as directed.