07 Nov Laser Hair Removal for Men
“Manscaping” is a modern term that describes when men remove or groom unwanted hair. Manscaping has been around forever. In Ancient Egypt, men removed every strand of hair from their bodies, including eyelashes and eyebrows. It was a sign of nobility and civility. And it was laborious and painful.
Today, manscaping is not so extreme. It’s a matter of being well groomed—removing or thinning out face or body hair for a tidier look. You look better. You feel better. Fortunately, hair removal has come a long way from torturous, primitive tools. You have laser hair removal: effective, efficient, painless.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical in-office procedure during which a pulsating beam of light (the laser) passes through the skin, is absorbed by the brown pigment in the actively growing hair shaft, and heats up the hair follicle to seal it shut.
Is it painful?
Like many other technologies, huge advances have taken place in laser technology. Today, certainly at Eternal Dermatology, the equipment used is state-of-the-art, to provide a quick comfortable experience. An extra benefit of the laser over other hair-removal methods is that the strength of the laser can be adjusted should you be uncomfortable.
How long does it take?
As for time, you usually can be in and out in less than an hour. You can have it done on your lunch hour, if you’d like. Naturally, the larger the area, the longer the treatment. For example, your can rid yourself of a woolly back in about 30 minutes. The chest takes about 20 minutes. A male “Brazilian,” 10 to 15 minutes. Just think—so little time for a procedure that could be life-changing.
Exactly what areas of the body can be lasered successfully?
Nearly everywhere, except for the eyelids can by done. Men often elect laser hair removal for their beard area/ neck, chests, shoulders, armpits, stomachs and back.
Who are the men having their hair removed by laser?
- Athletes such as competitive swimmers and cyclists, body builders, and professional football, basketball and soccer players.
- Men who have a beard or the stubble look. The neck (front and back) has to be clean to not detract from the facial hair. If you prefer clean shaven, you still don’t want a scruffy neck.
- Men who are balding. Better to take it all off than live with tufts of hair here and there.
- Men whose chest hair, for instance, is irritated or itches.
- Men who are besieged with painful, unsightly ingrown hairs when they shave.
- The guy in the next office or at the next station on the assembly line, your boss, your neighbor . . . . In other words, anyone who wants to look better and feel better and be more confident.
Why not you?
Schedule an appointment for a consultation.
For a knowledgeable consultation and a pleasant, safe laser hair removal experience, contact Eternal Dermatology now. We are conveniently located in Fulton, MD, and serving Clarksville, Columbia, Ellicott City, Laurel, Silver Spring, Burtonsville and Howard County, Maryland.