07 Nov 5 Reasons why Microneedling is So Popular
Microneedling has quickly become one of the most commonly-performed cosmetic treatments today. In this simple and safe procedure, needles are gently pressed against your skin to cause tiny holes, which then forces the body to make new, young and firm collagen and elastin—helping result with a youthful appearance. Microneedling is typically performed in a series of four to six sessions, spaced about a month apart. At Eternal Dermatology, we use the STRATAPEN®, the most advanced medical-grade microneedling device.
Here are the top 5 reasons why so many celebrities and ordinary people alike choose microneedling as their “go-to” procedure to maintain or retain their eternal glow:
1. Fewer risks: Microneedling can be safely used on all skin types and colors. Some skin types are more prone to becoming darkened and discolored when procedures like deep chemical peels or laser resurfacing are performed. The risk of these side effects is significantly less with microneedling, especially when performed by a board-certified dermatologist.
2. Fast results: Once any redness resolves, you will notice an immediate improvement in the way your skin looks and feels. This will continue to progress over the next several weeks. Although, you will start to see improvement in your skin’s tone and texture after just one visit, we recommend two to six treatments scheduled every four weeks for optimal results.
3. Minimal downtime: As no heat is used and the needles are very fine, the skin rejuvenation process occurs with very little visible inflammation of the skin aside from redness or light peeling that usually lasts for less than 24 hours.
4. Wide range of uses: Microneedling was initially intended for anti-aging on the face, but is now also being used on different parts of the body for acne scarring, stretch marks, enlarged pores, hair loss, traumatic/burn scars, and much more.
5. All natural: Microneedling can be used to speed up collagen synthesis in a procedure known as a Vampire Facelift. This involves withdrawing and processing your blood to create platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and applying the PRP onto the skin during the microneedling treatment. The PRP releases growth factors that stimulate faster collagen production.
Microneedling is amazing for so many reasons! It is a safe, minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that can be used in all skin types, on a variety of skin locations. This versatility makes it widely popular amongst patients of all ages.
Come visit our office to reclaim your eternal glow today!